Update
Posted by
Megan
on Thursday, September 24, 2009
I'm going to try to finish this before Vampire Diaries is on, I can do this! T minus: 15 minutes.
Okay, so today was official move-in day. I'm surprisingly really relaxed about the dorms and our cluster is going to be off the hook! Bahaaa. The first thing I noticed when I walked into my room was the view of Lake Washington. Stunning! A view I have always wanted from my home. Now I have somehow acquired one before ever making a cent. The walk-in closet at the right end of our room is refreshingly simple, but it is a walk-in closet. Scooore! I think all my clothes can fit, too-- biggest shocker of the day. We need decorations in the common room, but so far I'm loving the living situation. Over the next few days, I cannot wait to see everyone and their rooms. I'm almost like a kid in a candy store.
10 minutes.
Following move-in I attended my first of many meetings/steps/clearances of becoming a UWMC volunteer. I'm especially feeling like this is an auspicious start to my repertoire of college volunteering. However, the beginning process is so lengthy before I will serve my first hours. You'd think I was being hired for a job. Anyways, I am excited and eager to be working with others in a healthcare environment-- something I should've started long ago. If I get the job I applied for, the two will pair each other nicely, at least I hope! I'm just praying for an interview right now.
6 minutes.
On a totally random note, I'm going to the All Time Low concert on November 14th! Something to look forward to in the next three months :)
My mother is yelling at me to get the tea and I have just less than four minutes. Time to kick papa off the TV!

1 comments:
Did you get the job?! So rad. I have been thinking about trying to get a job/volunteer there
Post a Comment