August 22, 2011

I like how when I arrive at camp, I can tell I've been truly missed, that if I didn't make it this year for some reason, someone would have wondered why I wasn't there.  I like how easy it is for everyone to fall into a familiar groove, even though we only see each other once a year, if that. I like how the people there are so different from the people here, and how we still all get along. I love seeing how much fun we can have in a few days, and I love the way I feel when I get home, like the world is conquerable for once.

So when I receive unfavorable news, I don't immediately fall into pieces.

Yesterday was blistering hot and beautiful for Seattle. Today was like a typical late October, rainy day replete with the promise of a sunbreak. This weather pattern has matched my last few weeks in mood and attitude. It's like bam! Sometimes you run into a wall when you're going along and it doesn't make any sense. You just have to remember the good times I guess with the people who care about you.

0 comments: